3 CHEAP, EASY & HEALTHY make-ahead breakfast ideas!
I want you to eat breakfast! It’ll energize you for the rest of the day! But if you have no time and are on a budget, I feel ya! So here are 3 super duper easy and cheap, affordable, and healthy breakfast ideas that you can make the night before and have in the morning on the go!
#1. FROZEN PARFAIT CUPS
3 tablespoons granola, crushed small
5.3 oz Vegan Yogurt
1 large strawberry, chopped
1. Divide the granola on the bottom of two jumbo silicone muffin molds. (Or, divide the yogurt).
2. Scoop yogurt on top and tap several times (or top with granola and tap to secure the granola)
3. Sprinkle with strawberry pieces. Freeze until solid. Thaw for 3 minutes before eating.
Calories: 197 | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Net Carbs: 34g | Fiber: 3.5g
#2. PANCAKE IN A MUG
5 tablespoons oat, gluten-free or all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons almond milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup, or sweetener of choice, to taste
1/2 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil, melted
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons blueberries plus more for topping
1. Coat a mug or small bowl with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add the flour, egg, milk and syrup and mix until combined. Stir in the ghee, baking soda and salt, then fold in the blueberries. Add to the mug.
3. When ready to cook, take off the lid and microwave for 1:30-2 minutes, watching carefully for overflow. Cook until set. Top with more blueberries, and serve.
Calories: 355 | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Net Carbs: 38g | Fiber: 5g
#3. OMELETTE IN A MUG
1 egg white
1/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons red onion, minced
Pinch of salt
Pinch of garlic powder
1/4 cup shredded cheese or vegan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon avocado, optional
1. Whisk together all but half the cheese in a bowl. Coat a 12 ounce or larger Mason jar with cooking spray. Pour eggs inside and seal with a lid unless making immediately.
2. Place in fridge overnight or until ready to prepare.
3. Remove lid, place in microwave and heat for about 2 minutes, watching for overflow. If the eggs puff up too much, simply open the microwave for 5 seconds, then heat again until no liquid remains. Top with remaining cheese, and serve. Top with avocado, if using.
Calories: 246 | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Net Carbs: 6g | Fiber: 3g
♥ Get all my workout calendars and read my blog:
♥ MY ACTIVEWEAR:
♥ Get the Blogilates App FREE in the App Store or Google Play Store!
♥ INSTAGRAM: @Blogilates
♥ SNAPCHAT: @Blogilates
Cassey Ho is an award-winning fitness instructor, entrepreneur and online personality. She is the creator of Blogilates, the #1 female fitness channel on Youtube. In a revolutionary partnership, Cassey’s unique format, POP Pilates© which launched on Youtube in 2009, has become a live class that can be taken at every 24 Hr Fitness gym in the US. She’s the author of the best-selling book, Hot Body Year Round and is the designer of her own activewear line, POPFLEX.
Blogilates and oGorgeous Inc. strongly recommend that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
You should be in good physical condition and be able to participate in the exercise.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Blogilates and oGorgeous Inc. from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Blogilates’ and oGorgeous Inc.’s negligence.